i4i Product Development Awards (PDA) support translational research and development of medical devices, in vitro diagnostics and high-impact patient-focused digital health technologies for ultimate NHS use. The research proposals may address any disease or health area, provided there is a clear unmet clinical need. There is no upper funding limit for Product Development Awards, but costs must be fully justified.
Essential requirements of the i4i PDA
- Projects can be led by small-to-medium-sized enterprises (SME), NHS providers or higher education institutions (HEIs).
- Projects must be collaborative between any two of the eligible types of organisation.
- Projects can last a minimum of 24 months and a maximum of 36 months.
- The lead organisation must be registered in England.
- Typical awards of £0.6m-£1.2m.
- Projects need to address a clearly defined unmet clinical need.
Click here for more information