Are you a digital health company looking to generate evidence for your innovation? This event is for you.
Hosted by the Yorkshire & Humber Academic Health Science Network (AHSN) and Prova Health, this event will provide information and advice on how digital healthcare innovators can generate clinical evidence within the NHS. We will cover the practicalities of undertaking clinical research, the importance of health economic data, and the evidence that needs to be in place before an innovation can be adopted for use in the NHS. We will also cover funding streams that are available to support research and evaluation activity.
The morning will include talks from:
- The Yorkshire and Humber AHSN: One of 15 AHSNs set up by NHS England to operate as the key innovation arm of the NHS. They work with NHS organisations to understand key areas of need, and with innovators to identify solutions which can address those needs. The Yorkshire and Humber AHSN will provide an overview of support that they offer to digital innovators, including bespoke support through the Propel@YH digital accelerator programme.
- Prova Health: A doctor-led company that provides world-class clinical and academic expertise to support evidence generation activities. The Prova Health team has decades of experience working in clinical practice and conducting research in the UK and abroad, with a number of the team also holding roles at Imperial College London. Prova Health has access to a global network of healthcare professionals, academics, regulators, and policymakers to understand clinical practice, policy, and pathways. Prova Health will provide a session on why evidence is important in digital health and how to generate it.
- NHS England: NHS England will provide an overview of NICE’s Early Value Assessment for medtech, an approach which allows for the rapid assessment of digital products, devices and diagnostics for clinical effectiveness and value for money.
- York Health Economic Consortium (YHEC): A health economic consultancy based at the University of York, YHEC have supported a range of digital health tech companies with the health economic assessment of their innovations. They will provide an overview of how health economic assessments are completed, the importance of undertaking them, and their benefit for adoption.
- Innovate UK EDGE: Innovate UK EDGE provide bespoke support to grow and scale innovative businesses. They provide support with innovation development, scaling a business, entering new markets and access to finance. Their session will cover support that is available through the programme and grant funding opportunities open to innovators.
- Digital health companies will share their experiences of generating evidence with the NHS for the adoption of their innovations.
In addition to the above talks there will be time for networking with speakers and delegates. SMEs and innovators who are seeking to better understand the need for clinical and health economic evidence are invited to register to attend the event.