Are you a UK based HealthTech business looking to bring your technology to the US market? Entering any new market is a big decision that requires investment, and it can be tough to know where to start.
The AHSN Network recognises the potential of the US as an export market for UK based SMEs.
We are hosting this event, delivered by Yorkshire and Humber Academic Health Science Network (Yorkshire & Humber AHSN) in partnership with Eastern AHSN and UCLP AHSN to support companies who wish to understand more about how to enter the US market.
The objective of this event is for you to hear from US market experts and in particular other business who have entered this market and will share some of their approach and lessons learned as they build a presence in the US. You will also hear from the UK Trade Association for Healthtech businesses, the Association of British HealtH Teach Industries (ABHI) who run an export focussed US accelerator program every year. This program is specifically designed to enable medical device, diagnostic and digital health companies flourish, the 12-month paid programme of support provides companies with the opportunity to define and strengthen their US strategy, de-risk market entry and grow their US business by utilising ABHI’s advice, expertise and connections within the US. The ABHI organises regular trade missions to the US and has a wide network of mentors in country.
Speakers at the event include:
- Dr Neville Young – Director of Enterprise and Innovation at Yorkshire & Humber AHSN
- Lottie McMahon – International Manager at ABHI
- TJ Villamil – Senior Vice President of the International Trade and Development unit at Enterprise Florida
- John D. Couris – President and CEO of Florida Health Sciences Centre
- Madhukar Bose – Deputy Head of Digital Health at Department for Business and Trade
- James Davis – CEO and Chief Innovation Officer at Inicio
- Paul Johnson – CEO at Radar Healthcare
In summary the event will include talks from the Yorkshire & Humber AHSN, the ABHI, but most importantly from companies who have entered the US market and are able to highlight the benefits of this investment to those who are considering expansion into the US market in their business plans.