The Sickle Cell Society and the Haemoglobinopathy Coordination Centres have recently distributed a survey to sickle cell patients to ask their views on the provision of Automated Red Blood Cell Exchange, whether it is acceptable and whether it was available to those patients requiring treatment. Now that the questionnaires have been completed and analysed, we would like to invite you to take part in a webinar, where we will discuss the findings of the survey.
- We will facilitate a lot of discussions around key topic areas such as:
- Informed decision making and talking to clinicians
- Out of hours care for Sickle Cell
- Travel and transport arrangements
- Barriers in attending treatment: pain, fatigue and the waiting
- Pain relief: the wait, under prescribing and overdose
Please join us on the day to take part in these important discussions which will help inform the provision of services.
This webinar will be of interest to:
- Sickle cell society members
- Key contacts within NHS England
- Key contacts within the Haemoglobinopathy Coordination Centre Network
- AHSN Spectra Optia Leads
- Spectra Optia National Working Group Members (NHS Blood and Transplant clinical leads and Terumo)