One year on from our inaugural ‘YHealth for Growth Conference’, held in December 2019, the world has fundamentally changed. The ongoing impact of the COVID-19 pandemic has been stark: unemployment has rapidly increased, inequalities in health and wealth have been thrown into sharp focus, and the true economic impact of the pandemic continues to emerge.
As we look towards living with and beyond COVID-19, addressing structural regional challenges is crucial to emerging from the pandemic in a better place than when we entered it. This means it is now more important than ever for us to build a more inclusive and sustainable economy and society, tackle long standing inequalities, and ‘level up’ the regions.
Prioritising these issues is at the heart of our recent report ‘Levelling Up Yorkshire and Humber: health as the new wealth post-COVID’. This webinar will build on the recommendations made in the report and discuss the practical actions we can take to bring them to life so that we can realise the region’s potential and improve the health and wealth of our population.
- Richard Stubbs – Chief Executive Officer, Yorkshire & Humber AHSN
- Professor Shirley Congdon – Chair, Yorkshire Universities
- Lord Victor Adebowale CBE – Chair, NHS Confederation
- Dan Jarvis MBE – Mayor, Sheffield City Region
Who should attend?
The webinar is aimed at executives and senior leaders from across health and care, higher education and local authorities, as well as business leaders in med tech and life sciences.
Our agenda will explore how the landscape has significantly changed in the last 12 months, update attendees on the launch of our recent report and the work taking place to begin delivering against the report’s recommendations, and highlight why this work is more important than ever. The webinar will also include an interactive panel debate comprising senior leaders from Yorkshire and the Humber, with questions invited from the audience.
- 12:30 – Welcome and Introductions – Richard Stubbs, CEO, Yorkshire & Humber AHSN
- 12:35 – Keynote: Background and Context – Richard Stubbs
- 12:50 – Keynote: The role of health in driving economic renewal and inclusive growth – Lord Victor Adebowale CBE, Chair, NHS Confederation
- 13:10 – Fireside Chat: The role of local government/mayoral combined authorities in tackling inequalities, population health and driving economic growth – Dan Jarvis MBE, Mayor, Sheffield City Region
- 13:30 – Keynote: The role of academia, research and development and Yorkshire and Humber assets in driving economic renewal and inclusive growth – Professor Shirley Congdon, Chair, Yorkshire Universities
- 13:50 – Panel Discussion: ‘Health as the new wealth’ and its role in driving economic renewal and inclusive growth – Chaired by Rob Parsons, Political Editor, The Yorkshire Post
- 14:20 – Summary, final remarks and close – Richard Stubbs
- For more information on YHealth for Growth visit our website.
- Read our ‘Levelling Up Yorkshire and Humber: health as the new wealth post-COVID’ report