Klinik Healthcare Solutions helps GP practices direct patients to the right point of care across the primary care ecosystem with a safe and intuitive patient flow management solution. It provides equitable access through user-friendly AI triage and online consultations in combination with a dedicated telephone module.
Its clinically supervised algorithm and intelligent patient flow technology provides urgency and priority detection to ensure all queries are dealt with safely. Differential diagnoses and configurable workflows direct patients to the right clinical or non-clinical team member in the practice or can (automatically) redirect into an extended network, such as Physio, Pharmacist, Mental Health or Out of Hours (OOH) provider. This helps reduce the burden on GPs, provides holistic patient management for the practice and delivers a more satisfying patient experience from the first point of contact.
How Klinik can help Primary Care Networks – Priory Medical Group’s story
Klinik was implemented at Priory Medical Group in York who were experiencing large demand for GP appointments across their nine sites.
Following implementation, the Yorkshire & Humber AHSN commissioned York Health Economic Consortium (YHEC) to undertake a health economic evaluation of the technology, which showed significant cost and efficiency savings. Some of the results arising from the evaluation include:
- Cost savings of £300,000 across the PCN
- Increased utilisation of nurse clinical sessions, pharmacy appointments and MSK practitioners
- Reductions in the average cost per consultation
- A 6% reduction in appointments not attended
- 20% reduction in tasks across reception staff, pharmacists and clinicians
- 83% of staff felt patient queries being directed to right place quickly a bit or much better
- 70% of patients’ contacts actioned within 24 hours
- 94% of prescription requests are made online and processed within 48 hours
- Phone calls went from 99% to 30% of all contacts releasing capacity so that phones are answered within 5 minutes, compared with up to 30 minutes previously
- Reductions in the use of NHS111 slots as more cases answered by the practice
We supported the dissemination of these findings by holding a bespoke event, which was attended by 100 delegates from across the NHS and AHSN Network.
We have worked with Klinik for several years. We are continuing to support Klinik with their continued adoption and spread strategy, both in the Yorkshire and Humber region, and further afield. Klinik was recently nominated for the Medilink Healthcare Business Awards in the ‘One to Watch’ category.
Find out more about Klinik Healthcare Solutions.