The Yorkshire & Humber AHSN Transforming Lives Through Innovation Impact Report for 2018-19 has been published today as part of our Yorkshire Day celebrations.
“We have much to be proud of and I’d like to thank all our partners across the NHS, industry and academia and, of course, our staff, for their contribution to these achievements.
“I’d encourage all our partners and stakeholders to read the report. If you’d like to talk to us about implementing any of the featured programmes in your organisation then please get in touch.”
The report outlines the impacts of our national and regional programmes and projects that we have successfully delivered in the first year of our new licence.
- 2,500 falls avoided as a result of our Yorkshire Safety Huddles programme
- 213 companies have received our support to help them engage with the NHS in our region
- 81 people avoided life-changing strokes as a result of our Atrial Fibrillation programme
- 3,845 women were at a reduced risk of obstetric injury during childbirth thanks to the spread of the EpiScissors-60 product
- £13.8m of NHS savings made through reduced readmissions from our Transfer of Care Around Medicines programme
- 144 patients improved their quality of life as a result of receiving ESCAPE-pain training to help them manage their joint pain
The report is available to download here