The finalists for the NHS Confederation and AHSN Network Innovate Awards 2022 have been announced. A massive congratulations to the trusts and organisations in Yorkshire and Humber who have become finalists – it is fantastic to see such breadth of innovation acknowledged in our region!
The Innovate Awards is a collaboration between the AHSN Network and NHS Confederation to celebrate excellence in innovation in health and care, showcasing those teams, organisations and health and care systems leading the way in positive change.
In its inaugural year, The Innovate Awards saw a grand total of 194 entries from health and care teams across the country covering ten award categories. The ten eventual winners will also compete for ‘Innovation Champion of the Year’ to be announced on the evening of the award ceremony in September.
Finalists in the Yorkshire and Humber region
Net Zero Innovation of the Year
- Leeds Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust, Leeds Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust – procurement carbon footprint analysis
- Calderdale & Huddersfield NHS Foundation Trust, B. Braun Medical – Carbon savings achieved through reduced length of stay and outpatient appointments: digital day case pathway for total knee replacement
- Leeds Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust, Leeds Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust – anaesthetic gas carbon reduction campaign
- Leeds Institute of Emergency General Surgery, The green gasless laparoscopic appendicectomy
- Yorkshire Ambulance Service NHS Trust, Reusable facemasks for a Net Zero health system
- Leeds Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust, Leeds Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust – electronic patient discharge notes
Outstanding Collaboration with Industry
- South West Yorkshire Partnership Foundation Trust and L&R UK Medical Ltd, Reducing the burden of wounds through workforce optimisation
- Leeds Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust and ELAROS 24/7 Limited, The world’s first validated digital system for the initial assessment, triage, management, monitoring, and rehabilitation of patients with Long COVID
- North Lincolnshire Council and Tech in Care, Digital discharge to assess (hospital to home)
See the full list of finalists and award categories here .
The Awards Ceremony
The Innovate Awards ceremony will take place at Leonardo Royal Hotel, London Tower Bridge on Thursday 29 September, where the winners will be announced.