Propel@YH has been launched by Yorkshire & Humber AHSN (Academic Health Science Network) to provide innovative organisations developing digital health solutions with access to a structured course of support and advice aimed at enabling accelerated company growth and increased market presence.
This will include:
- Masterclasses on how to build clinical safety cases, develop evidence-based proposals and understanding procurement in the NHS.
- Digital innovator surgeries, a rolling programme to include pitch development with input from industry experts.
- Access to expert partner organisations including NHS providers and commissioners, primary and secondary care organisations, academic institutions and industry representatives. These include;
- Nexus community membership, which provides use of co-working space and business lounge, access to member events and support from the Engagement team through ‘drop-in’ sessions to broker connections with the University of Leeds (this will be reviewed in line with the government guidelines and may be subject to change)
- Eagle Labs will provide high growth banking expertise, investor speed dating and digital skills training alongside access to resident expecters and coaches, education and mentor events and workshops with industry experts.
- Hill Dickinson will deliver workshops on intellectual property, company law, partnership/collaborative working, non-disclosure agreements and cross border transactions.
- Developing a patient-centred, co-designed approach to your digital solution with input from patient representatives.
- Signposting and introductions to organisations who may be able to provide financial support.
- Other business essentials, such as expert mentoring and dedicated one-to-one support, covering topics such as marketing, legal, finance and more.
These are some of the events the 2020 cohort will get involved with:
- How the NHS works – an introduction to the health system in England
- Clinical safety by design – how to design in clinical safety throughout the digital development process
- Making the grade – how to develop your digital product to meet the requirements of the NHS Digital Tools library
- Digital by design – how to implement a human-centred design approach to developing digital products and services
- NASSS Framework assessment clinic
- Building the evidence base – how to develop a benefits realisation case and generate evidence that really counts
- Understanding procurement in the NHS – find out from the experts about how procurement works in the NHS
- Cohort-defined learning clinics
- Applications Open – Thursday 6th Aug
- Applications Close – Thursday 24th Sept 23:59
- Assessment Starts – Monday 28th Aug
- Assessment day – Wednesday 14th Oct
- Cohort Launch – Wednesday 21th October
- Programme commences – Monday 26th October